Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Recap / Sad News for the Entertainment World

I will start with the sad news I woke up to this morning--George Carlin died over the weekend. Yes, he was 71 years old, but it seemed to come out of nowhere; in fact we were listening to his comedy on XM for a lot of the ride to D's parents and back.

Weekend Recap:
Friday night was my reunion. It was great to see everyone and catch up. It was even fun for D as several of my classmates went to college with him or partied with his fraternity, so it was a bit of a reunion for him as well. D was nice enough to leave early so that I could stay until the end of the party and not worry about Soxy being alone for so long.

Saturday Soxy had a vet appointment. D took her as I was too tired to get out of bed at 9:00 am. Then she came home and was tossed into the shower...not a good morning for her. After that, we took her for a walk and D came home and took a nap while I ran to Wally World for clip-on sunglasses for my new frames. Came home, wrapped our nephew's birthday presents and hit the road to Uniontown for nephew's birthday party. Soxy always goes with us. It was a wonderful afternoon/evening with D's family as always. Then it was off for our drive home.

Sunday we slept in fairly late...busy weekend for us both. Then while D cut the grass I straightened the house and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. Then we ran to the store to get some ingredients for a new dish I was trying for dinner last night. D was making steaks on the grill, but we decided to use the Crock Pot for the side dishes and not turn the stove/oven on. I found a wonderful wild rice with apricots, cranberries, and raisins dish that was very tasty and summery to go with the steaks. It was more schoolwork for both of us and then off to bed because D had to work this morning.

Busy but wonderful weekend...How did you spend your weekend?

No comments: