Saturday, May 17, 2008

Marriage Rumors

It amazes me how many people are against gay marriage by default. I think it should be allowed for anyone who wants to do it...although I do lean a bit more towards the civil union as I understand the religious arguments against it. However, hearing that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are planning on getting married concerns me a bit...if we are going to give gay marriage / civil unions a chance, shouldn't we start with a celebrity couple that is more equally matched?

Also, this weekend is supposed to be the big Ashlee Simpson wedding...once again a celebrity wedding 'shrouded' in secrecy. I don't think that's the case, but why shouldn't celebrities be allowed to share such a special time with family and friends without the media swarming all over the place? Can't these people get one iota of privacy? I say good for them, and Beyonce & Jay-z for being able to keep this day about them and not the media and the rest of us.

No comments: