Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Week Recap

Christmas had its ups and downs this year...luckily, the ups outweighed the downs.

Before we started our Christmas Eve festivities, D and I headed to mass. It seems our service was being broadcast on KDKA for the nation to hear. It was neat to be a part of that, as well as celebrate the True meaning of Christmas together.

Christmas Eve we spend with my Dad's side of the family. It was really fun and I got to spend quite a bit of time with my Godson...even though he was sick. I love Christmas Eve, it has been a family tradition since before I was born. We buy presents for the kids who haven't graduated from high school. They take turns opening presents and then the kids put on their own pageant...which is fun to watch. We chat and eat and get to spend time catching up with the entire family.

When we got home from my cousins' we exchanged our presents since Christmas Day is a lot of running around. Soxy loved her presents. I loved the beautiful bracelet D bought me and I believe that D was happy with his presents from me, also.

Christmas morning we packed the presents and Soxy in the car and headed to my parents first. After a nice breakfast of ham, eggs, and crepes we exchanged presents with my family. It was fun because Mom said all she wanted was money so D and I found a stocking and filled it with nickels. Mom loves to play the slot machines, especially the nickel machines. She couldn't imagine why her stocking was so heavy until she opened it.

After a great morning with my family, we loaded Soxy back into the car and headed down to D's parents. There I had to put together the green bean casserole and make the raisin sauce for the ham since neither could be made ahead of time.

Our neice and nephew had a great time opening presents. After all, they are 9 and 5 respectively. Barbies and trains filled the house. Around 9:00 that night we headed home with a sick doggie. Seems she ate way too much and we had to pull over so she could get sick. Bummer.

The next day D's family showed up at our place so that the girls could go see "Annie" at Heinz Hall. It was an incredible show. Afterwards we met the boys for dinner and then they headed home.

Like I said, it was a wonderful Christmas, for the most part. I wouldn't change most things...in fact, the only thing I would change would be that I have had a migraine since about 9:00 on Tuesday evening. My meds are barely taking the edge off and my doctor is out of town until Jan. 2nd.

Needless to say, as wonderful as Christmas was, there was a lot of noise and commotion everywhere we went. The migraine still has not gone away and I'm hoping that there is something that can be done quickly once my doctor is back in town.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday week!

No comments: