Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Random, oh so very RANDOM, Thoughts

Because I haven't put up much of substance lately, I figured I'd do a quick run-down of life in bullet form:

- Soxy is doing much better...her follow-up to her surgery is Friday and we're expecting a clean bill of health.

- D is officially a graduate of the MBA Program!! So proud of him!

- My Aunt and Uncle were in to visit from New Mexico this past week...always great to see them because it is never often enough.

- Working on a baby afghan for their great-granddaughter who was born in June...I got a late start.

- Last week D and I accomplished a lot of projects around the house with a few being finished up this weekend, with D's parents help.

- Looking at a vacation over Spring Break in March before the fun of exams and the dissertation begins.

- I am starting my last semester of classes for my PhD. in two weeks!

- I am currently prepping to teach 3 classes at 2 different schools this semester and looking forward to all of them. Luckily, one is only 10 minutes from home.

- I started an exercise and nutrition routine (I refuse to say diet as I hope to keep it up) but was sidetracked last week and am now sick, but hope to start again soon.

- Those of you who know me or have been reading a while won't be near as shocked at this statement as those who don't know about my "medical" stories...my throat is currently bleeding and I am eating very soft foods and drinking lots of tea with honey right now...not exactly on the nutrition track.

- I have organized every room and closet in the house, minus the office, and love the fact that I can find things and stuff doesn't fall on my head whenever I open a closet door.

OK, your turn...in list form, what is going on with you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't accomplished too much this summer. But am enjoying it very much. We have a dozen or so birthdays in June, and I remembered all of them and had appropriate gifts.

It's been hot here and I run short of energy in the heat, but hate closing the house up for the air conditioner. Smokey Joe likes it when the doors are open. And so do I.

But maybe I'll tackle the closets later this week when it's supposed to be great weather. I'd love to have them all straightened up. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cas