Sunday, February 24, 2013

Slip and Fall...

On Friday, we had freezing rain and a package delivered. Usually they leave the package by the garage door so I  thought I could just walk down open the garage door and get the package. Unfortunately, it was a different guy this time and he hung the package on the door next to the garage door. I took one step to reach the bag and the next thing I knew I was face down on the driveway. Seems I split my forehead wide open. I also split my lip open, but that wasn't as bad. I haven't seen what the forehead looks like like since before they stitched me up. I have two "beautiful" black eyes, a large bandage down my forehead / nose and a bandage on my lip. Remember, my dissertation defense is on Friday. At least the stitches come out on Thursday....

Here's what I looked like when it happened:



2 comments:

Liberty said...

You poor thing! Ugh!

Feel better soon and next time, send the dog to fetch the package! (Hahah... if only she could, right?):)

Maribeth said...

Oh dear! Feel better soon! What a bummer! Hugs!!!