As has become tradition, here are my resolutions and results from this year and my resolutions for next year.
I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve and that 2010 is your best year to date!!
1. Study hard and pass Comprehensive Exams in May. OK passed the last one in September, but they are passed!!
2. Get back in shape...I am currently at my highest weight ever! This last semester was stressful and I stress eat. Lost quite a bit of the weight, but I'm not sure I'm "in shape" just yet.
3. Spend more time with D and Soxy...at least pay them more attention when we are together. Got better at this, but need to get better still.
4. Work harder at making my students learn how to learn instead of just sharing information. Got better at this, but need to get better still.
5. Spend more time with family and friends--especially those not in my program. Got better at this, but need to get better still.
6. Get to Virginia to meet the newest member of my family...she was born in June and I still haven't met her. Haven't met her yet...I will!!
And now, for my 2010 resolutions:
1. Get back in shape and lose the weight my doctor's are telling me to lose (10 lbs, not too bad). Determined not to have another hospital stay by listening to my doctors.
2. Start, and hopefully finish, my dissertation...it is time to become gainfully employed again.
3. FOCUS (on anything and everything). I need to regain my focus, I have not had much in the latter part of 2009.
4. Spend less time with Facebook. This may be my toughest one as I LOVE Facebook; I may even start blogging on a regular basis again, since that is part of my dissertation!
5. Spend LOTS more time with my family. None of us are getting any younger, and I really do love and like my family. More time definitely with D and Soxy...as they are most important to me.