Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Meme from Beth

Beth set up this "interview" on her site and I decided to play along.

1. Remember the movie Brewster's Millions? That happens to you, except on a smaller scale. You receive a million dollars that you must spend in 30 days. However, you cannot have any assets to show for the money at the end of the month (and you can't buy something and then destroy it), you cannot waste the money, you cannot give it away, and you cannot tell anyone what you are doing. How do you ditch the dough in a month or less?

Travel! I would see the entire world one city at a time...Around the World in 30 days, not 80.

2. You are locked in a toy store overnight, with no way out until it reopens in the morning. What do you play with all night?

Better question would be what don't I play with! I would either play video games or Barbies...I'm just a big kid when it comes to Barbie!

3. If you could have a dinner party with any three famous people, living or dead, you would be wasting your supernatural powers on hosting dinner parties. What would you do instead?

Feed the world so that, at least for one night, no one would be hungry.

4. What's the best thing since sliced bread? Now, sliced bread ain't all that impressive, so what's the best mediocre, hum-drum improvement or advancement that has made modern life just ever so slightly more convenient for humanity, along the lines of saving yourself five seconds every time you want a piece of bread.

Along the lines of sliced bread, I will say the orange peeler. It is this nifty little device that makes it so you don't break a nail or get orange skin gook all over your hands while peeling it. Not sure it saves a lot of time...but it is a useful, hum-drum advancement.

5. What's your best quality? The response to this question must be a simple declarative statement. You may elaborate on that statement, provided that your elaboration does not include the words "but," "however," or "although," or any other hedging, equivocating, back-sliding, gerrymandering (which is not at all appropriate in this context, but I think it should be, don't you?) or any other type of backing down from the simple declarative statement with which you began your response.

My best quality is that I will go out of my way to help other people.

Please leave a comment if you are going to play along, so I can visit your blog...or just leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice.. I suppose travelling could be another option... but I'm not sure I could personally spend 1 million in travels for myself and my family.. I think I'd have to have a whole posse of people travelling all over the world.. and well, then I'd have to explain it to them? Or not?

Daisy