What I hoped to accomplish in 2012 and how I did:
1. Get healthy...find the underlying cause of my medical problems and fix it! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Finally found the problems, and although I'm on oxygen every night, I am healthy and active again.
2. FINISH my dissertation; and it might kill me, but it will be done. Submitted! Waiting for my defense date in January or February.
3. Eat healthier and get back in shape. Started tracking what I eat...last-minute submission and pressure to finish kept me from working out.
4. Spend more time taking care of the little things that need to be done. Did better, could still use some work.
5. Focus more on family and friends...even if it is a phone call or email, I need to stay in touch with those I love and that love me. I think I did better at this...only my friends and family can truly answer it.
For 2013, instead of coming up with a list of resolutions, I have decided to follow the advice of My One Word and choose one word to guide me through 2013. My word is FOCUS.
I need to FOCUS on:
-Defending my dissertation
-Finding a job
-Getting in shape
-Friends and family
-Renovations and projects
I will be using this blog to keep myself in check with my One Word.